By Carlos Vázquez, Investment Manager at Ad4Ventures Spain (Mediaset Group).
Ad4Ventures is the venture capital arm of Mediaset Group (leading free to air television broadcaster in Spain and Italy), focused on television media for equity deals. Ad4ventures has become the largest media for equity player in Southern Europe.
What is it?
Westwing, an international shopping club that offers a curated selection of home a living products at attractive prices through a lifestyle magazine experience.
Westwing has more than 3,500 brand partners and operates in 14 markets across Europe, Brazil and Russia.
· Product: a wide, curated and thoroughly range of products presented in an inspirational manner at a low price. A “winner” value proposition.
· User engagement: magazine like user experience that makes users visit the site frequently (even if there is no intention to buy…)
· Repetition profile: Westwing’s produts become almost addictive to those who become buyers.
· VC funding: intensely backed by international VC focused on ecommerce platforms such as Rocket Internet or Kinnevik AB.
· TV Fit: a well curated campaign, in line with the value proposition of Westwing, helps the company increase penetration beyond the online heavy users, while improving conversion rates and improving cohorts even further
· And of course, THE TEAM, both at Group and at local level, spectacular!