By Carlos Vázquez, Investment Manager at Ad4Ventures Spain (Mediaset Group).
Ad4Ventures is the venture capital arm of Mediaset Group (leading free to air television broadcaster in Spain and Italy), focused on television media for equity deals. Ad4ventures has become the largest media for equity player in Southern Europe.
What is it?
A mobile native fashion transactional social network which is disrupting fashion ecommerce. 21Buttons through user generated content enables customers to discover new looks and buy these in-app (“buttoning” in the clothes), for which influencers earn a commission on the sale.
Top influencers have partnered with 21Buttons in Spain, Italy and UK. Brands also benefit from 21Buttons by incremental sales from a new curated platform.
· Traction: generated an impressive organic growth together with a low CPI, mostly leveraged on Top influences and very active users
· Influencers: who see 21Buttons as the perfect partner to monetize their social impact. Influencers import pics posted on IG and easily tag cloths on the app
· User engagement: incredible retention metrics and active content generation, leading to fast growing user-base
· Scalability: proven track record in opening new countries in few weeks in a budget
· Investors: from the very beginning, 21Buttons attracted the attention of Top-tier European VC: Breega Capital, 360Capital and Samaipata Ventures. Later on, JME and Kibo joined 21Buttons. In addition, it has a strong and well-known advisory board
· Tv Fit: campaign to consolidate growth, increasing target reach beyond millennials with higher acquisition power, while reinforcing the relationship and credibility with influencers (to set up barriers to entry in this incipient market)
· And of course, the TEAM, on top of every KPI, analytical, strong and quick execution, clear ideas, absolutely TOP